Moving can be one of the most stressful events in a person's life. It doesn't have to be THAT bad! Staying organized can help reduce that stress.
In this Redfin article about relocating, the author mentioned "organized" 7 times! Our team can help at several points in the moving process:
- Purging/tidying to prep home for sale.
- Creating a moving/packing strategy.
- Recommending local service professionals who can help fix your new (or old) home, clean before or after the move, and sell/find your home.
- Designing organizational solutions and closet systems in your new home.
- Unpacking your belongings in a logical and systematic method that makes it easy for your family to find things in your new home.
This paragraph from the article highlights a few things you can do in preparation for your move:
Set aside a binder for move-related paperwork so you’re able to access any documents quickly. Before packing, remain organized by creating a detailed inventory of your belongings noting the condition, location, and size of the items. This will help you get a better idea of how much you’ll actually be moving and if any belongings require specialty packing services because of their size or fragility. Also, if your belongings are damaged during the move and you need to submit an insurance claim, an inventory list will come in handy. You can also begin to sort through your belongings and decide what items you’ll keep, discard, or donate. If you’re downsizing, don’t be shy when giving items away – consider organizing a garage sale or donating to a charity. It can be helpful to hire a professional organizer or decluttering service to help you with these tasks.
If you find yourself stressing about your upcoming or recent move, message our team of professional organizers! We'd be happy to lift that burden off your shoulders.